You will not be taxed on any savings or assets that you bring with you from abroad when moving to Denmark, but you will be taxed on interest income and/or dividends. If Denmark has a double taxation agreement with the country you are leaving, your Danish tax may be reduced.

When you move to Denmark, it is your duty to inform the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) of any assets or savings you have outside Denmark. These may be:

Guidance on how to complete the forms is available on the actual forms.

You will be taxed on your interest income and/or dividends when you move to Denmark. Your tax may be reduced if Denmark has entered into a double taxation agreement with the country you are leaving. 

Denmark has entered into double taxation agreements with a number of countries. These agreements have been made to ensure that the same income is not taxed in both Denmark and abroad.

Double taxation agreements (link to Danish site)

Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.