Change your preliminary income assessment if you have more than 12 km to work

  1. Log on to
  2. Select Forskudsopgørelsen 2020 (Preliminary income assessment 2020).
  3. Select field 417 - Befordring (Transport between home and work). If the field does not appear on your screen, go to Oftest tilføjede felter (Frequently added fields) and select Kørselsfradrag (Deduction for transport between home and work).
  4. If the amount already appears under forventet økonomi (expected financial situation) and it is correct, you can log off.
  5. If the amount is incorrect, if it has not been calculated or it has been calculated based on wrong information, select the Calculator next to the field.
  6. Enter your home address (residence) and the number of working days you are entitled to the deduction. Select Hele 2020 (Whole of 2020) if the deduction applies to the entire year. If this is not the case, select En del af 2020 (Part of 2020) and select the relevant period. Click Næste (next).
  7. Enter your work address and enter the number of working days you are entitled to the deduction. Follow the same process as in step 6. You can add more work addresses if necessary. Click Næste (next).
  8. The system has calculated the number of kilometers based on the stated home address, work address and number of working days. If the number of kilometers or days is incorrect, you can edit the fields. Click Næste (next).
  9. Check that your entries are correct.
  10. Click Overfør beløb (Submit amount).
  11. Click Beregn (Calculate) at the bottom of the page.
  12. Click Godkend (Accept).

Thank you very much. You are done!

Please contact the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) if you have any questions. 



  • You are entitled to a deduction for transport between home and work if you have more than 12 kilometres each way.
  • You are entitled to the deduction no matter your means of transport.
  • The state education grant (SU) is not considered salary meaning that you are not entitled to a deduction when you go to and from your educational establishment. The same applies to unpaid internships.