If you are self-employed and sell certain types of services, these services may be exempt from VAT. This means that you do not have to register for and pay VAT, but generally you need to pay payroll tax instead of VAT.

Register your business for VAT or payroll tax at www.indberet.virk.dk (in Danish)


Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.

Did you find the answers to your questions?

www.skat.dk is your access to the self-service system and guides on taxes and duties of the Danish Customs and Tax Administration