Residents in Denmark may earn a certain amount of money each year before having to pay tax.

If you earn less than this specific amount, a tax exemption card is the right tax card for you. If you earn more, a primary tax card and a secondary tax card are right for you.

We call all three types for tax cards. They are available online and find your tax card in E-tax (TastSelv).

Understand your tax card

Please see our legal guide (in Danish) for further legal information.

Did you find the answers to your questions? is your access to the self-service system and guides on taxes and duties of the Danish Customs and Tax Administration