Change your preliminary income assessment

  1. Log on to with your E-tax password (TastSelv-kode) or your NemID/MitID. You can order an E-tax password if you do not have one. If you have turned 15 you can order NemID/MitID.
  2. Select Forskudsopgørelsen 2022 (Preliminary income assessment 2022).
  3. If it says Frikortsbeløb xxx (Tax exemption card amount xxx) on your preliminary income assessment, your tax exemption card has already been created and you do not have to do anything further. You can log off now.
  4. If it does not say Frikortsbeløb xxx (Tax exemption card amount xxx), go to Oftest tilføjede felter (Frequently added fields), select Nyt job (New job). Enter the income you expect to earn for the year in field 201 - Lønindkomst mv. (Earned income etc.). See example.
  5. Select Beregn (Calculate) at the bottom of the page and check that your figures are correct.
  6. Select Godkend (Accept). Your tax exemption card has now been created.
  7. Select TastSelv-menu (E-tax menu) and check that we have your e-mail and your phone number. If we do not have it, select Ret kontaktoplysninger (Change contact information) under your name and fill out the information.

Thank you very much. You are done!

Please contact the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) if you have any questions.


  • Everyone is allowed to earn a certain amount of money annually without  having to pay tax. However, everyone must pay labour market contributions (am-bidrag) of 8% - unless they receive the state education grant (SU), unemployment, sickness and parental leave benefits (dagpenge) or pension benefits. You can see how much, you are allowed to earn before having to pay tax on your tax exemption card (frikort). If you are under 18, the amount is usually DKK 37,300 kr. in 2022 (36,900 in 2021). From the age of 18, the amount is usually DKK 46,600 in 2022 (46,700 in 2021).
  • It varies from person to person how much a person can earn without having to pay tax. For example, it depends on your municipal tax and the tax allowances and deductions you are entitled to. One of the tax allowances you are entitled to if you earn a salary is called ‘employement allowance' (beskæftigelsesfradrag). The allowance increases in line with your salary so you should update your preliminary income assessment (forskudsopgørelse) with the salary amount you expect to earn.
  • If you are entitled to other tax allowances and deductions (such as deduction for transport between home and work), the amount you are allowed to earn without having to pay tax (your tax exemption card amount) will increase.
  • Check to see if your tax exemption card has been activated under 'Forskudsopgørelsen 2022' (Preliminary income assessment 2022) in E-Tax.
  • Your employer automatically gets your information from us.
  • You need to tell your employer which tax card (primary, secondary or tax exemption card) he should use.
  • Are you under 16, you can work in private homes (for example mowing the lawn and babysitting for the neighbour) without having to pay taxes. In that case, you do not need a tax exemption card. If you work for a business, you have to pay tax no matter what age you are. 
  • If you are a parent and you create a tax exemption card for your child, you need to log on to E-tax using your child's E-tax password or NemID/MitID.