When you start a student job or an internship, you have to inform your employer/internship provider which tax card to use (the primary or secondary card). Remember that your primary tax card can only be used by one provider (such as your employer or state education grant).

You should also remember to change your preliminary income assessment.

Entering your earned income in your preliminary income assessment

  1. Log on to E-tax for Individuals 
  2. Select Forskudsopgørelsen 2022 (Preliminary income assessment 2022).
  3. If the income is not already entered in field 201 - Lønindkomst mv. (Earned income, etc.) go to Oftest tilføjede felter (Frequently added fields) and select Nyt job (New job). Enter the income you expect to earn for the year (before labour market contributions) in field 201 - Lønindkomst mv. (Earned income, etc.). See example.
  4. Select Beregn (Calculate) at the bottom of the page and check that your figures are correct.
  5. Select Godkend (Accept). Your tax card has now been changed.
  6. Select TastSelv-menu (E-tax menu) and check that we have your e-mail and your phone number. If we do not have it, select Ret kontaktoplysninger (Change contact information) under your name and fill out the information.

Thank you. You are done!

Please contact the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) if you have any questions.