04.029 EN – the Danish Tax Agency must be informed about your new address etc. when you leave Denmark

Form no.

04.029 EN

About the form

Please note: You only need to complete this form if you have talked to someone from the Danish Tax Agency and we asked you to submit it. Read more below.

You must complete this form when you move from Denmark, so we can assess whether you will continue to be liable to pay tax in Denmark. If you have a spouse or cohabitant who is also moving from Denmark, they must complete their own form.

Things to be aware of when you move from Denmark

•    First and foremost, it is important that you deregister from the Danish National Register (Folkeregisteret). You can do so at Life in Denmark.

•    One week after deregistering from the National Register, we recommend that you call us on (+45) 72 22 28 92. If possible, we will determine your tax liability right away and let you know which documents you need to submit to us in connection with moving from Denmark. If we recommend that you complete and submit form 04.029, you can do so via the link below. Before you complete the form, we recommend that you read the following page: Leaving Denmark permanently.

•    Have you run or are you running a business in Denmark? If you have a business in Denmark that is no longer active, you need to deregister it at virk.dk under ‘Luk virksomhed’ (Close business). Please note that the page is in Danish. If you are in doubt whether your business should remain registered as active in Denmark after you move, we can guide you if you call us on (+45) 72 22 28 27.

•    Do you have one or more Danish pension schemes or approved non-Danish pension schemes? You can apply for a tax exemption of your pension return (pension returns tax) if you are no longer subject to full tax liability or a tax resident in Denmark. To apply, you need to complete and submit form 07.058.

•    When you leave Denmark, you need to have a NemKonto so we can refund possible overpaid tax to you.
If you do not have a NemKonto, you may register a non-Danish bank account as your NemKonto (nemkonto.dk)

You can complete the form online by clicking the link below.

You can also complete the PDF version and submit it via E-tax (TastSelv):

Kontakt (Contact) → Skriv til os (Write to us) → Indsend/indberet til os (fx blanket/bilag) → (Submit form/appendix etc. to us) → Udland (Non-Danish income matters) → Når du flytter til udlandet (04.029) (When you leave Denmark (04.029))

You can also send it by regular post.


Postboks 9 
DK-4930 Maribo 

Link for online version

Download form 04.029 EN

For users of Apple products:
We often receive forms with empty fields from users who completed their forms in the Safari browser or Mac Image Viewer. The fields are empty due to a technical error in the PDF. We therefore recommend Mac users to complete their forms in another browser or use other software and then submit them to us.

Please note

Note: Please save the form on your computer before you complete it. Otherwise, you may lose unsaved data.