Go to content

Tax-free travel allowance (subsistence allowance)

Your employer may choose to pay a tax-free travel allowance for food, accommodation and petty acquisitions in connection with work-related travel. The employee must be away for at least 24 hours. Travel allowances are tax-free and are paid according to standard rates. This is also called subsistence allowance.

For further legal information in Danish see our legal guide .