Go to content

Pensions from another EU or EEA country

If you take out a pension scheme in another EU or EEA country, you can apply to the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) to have the scheme approved.

  • If we have approved the pension scheme, you can obtain tax relief for your contributions under Danish rules.
  • Approval also means that, when you receive payments from the scheme at a future date, they will be taxed under Danish rules.

For further legal information in Danish see our legal guide .