Go to content

First steps

When you come to Denmark for the first time to work or live, there are some important practical matters, you need to attend to. 

We recommend that you call the Danish Tax Agency (Skattestyrelsen) on (+45) 72 22 27 80 once you have moved to Denmark and registered with the Danish National Register (Folkeregisteret).
We will then generate a tax card for you. In order for us to do so, you need to know how much you will be earning and any other income and deductions and allowances you expect to have.

You may also use the link below to apply for a Danish tax card and a personal tax number.

Apply for a Danish tax card and personal tax number 

For further legal information in Danish see our legal guide .